The WordPress team have recently finished the latest addition to the WordPress family.
WordPress 2.8 includes a huge range of new and useful features. Here are just a few that can be really handy:
- You can choose how many columns you’d like on the dashboard, which is very handy if you have a larger monitor.
- You now have either 1 or 2 columns on the New Post/Edit Posts page.
- There is now a theme browser and theme auto installer.
- The Widgets page has been revamped, with handy new additions such as Inactive Widgets for future use.
- There is now syntax highlighting on code pages, such as the Edit Plugins pages.
That’s just some of the new features, but it is definitely worth the update.
If you already have WordPress 2.7 or higher installed, you should have been notified on the Dashboard and you will be able to auto upgrade. If you are using a version below 2.7 or you want to upgrade manually, you can download the update from http://wordpress.org/download/.